can't display google-api-ruby-client gem docs

's Avatar

s.todaka.21+rubydoc

17 Dec, 2015 11:11 AM

can't display google-api-ruby-client gem docs
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/google/google-api-ruby-client/

1. 1 Posted by Steve on 18 Dec, 2015 10:54 PM

I think rubydoc.info is timing out trying to generate the docs. I keep getting a 503 error whenever I request generation or when the hook from github triggers.

Locally generating the docs works with only a handful of warnings that shouldn't be causing any issues.

➜ google-api-ruby-client git:(master) ✗ yard
    [warn]: @param tag has unknown parameter name:
        in file `lib/google/apis/core/http_command.rb' near line 189
    [warn]: Unknown tag @OutputOnly in file `generated/google/apis/appengine_v1beta4/classes.rb` near line 1370
    [warn]: Unknown tag @OutputOnly in file `generated/google/apis/appengine_v1beta4/classes.rb` near line 1370
    Files: 295
    Modules: 96 ( 2 undocumented)
    Classes: 3066 ( 954 undocumented)
    Constants: 498 ( 214 undocumented)
    Methods: 36391 ( 37 undocumented)
     96.99% documented

If there's a timeout or something in place, any way to raise it for particular projects?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by lsegal on 18 Dec, 2015 11:04 PM

There's no timeout, but I refreshed it on the server and it seems to be working now. Let us know if this happens again!

3. 3 Posted by shin on 20 Dec, 2015 01:44 PM

> Steave
    > Isegal

thx!
    How can I confirm that it had been seen temporarily, also I have become error.
    rubydoc.info is Google is the official document. If, as this situation continues, I think you want the error.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by lsegal on 20 Dec, 2015 11:09 PM

It seems to work, it just takes an extremely long time to parse, and given the duration, it's possible that multiple people, or commit hook calls, could be queueing up refreshes during that time which just creates a mess.

Typically we would recommend library authors point to docs for their gem release, not to the GitHub portion of the site, since GitHub can be refreshed constantly, and for big projects this can cause problems.

Either that, or they should consider limiting the amount of data they are throwing at YARD. This relatively small library takes orders of magnitude longer to parse than even all of Rails, which says something about how much code is involved here.

5. lsegal closed this discussion on 10 Sep, 2016 11:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac