{include:file:README.md} including RubyDoc.info's README.md, not the README.md in my gem

noah.easterly

06 Mar, 2015 09:48 PM

I just uploaded a gem to rubygems.org as https://rubygems.org/gems/Flexibility, which helpfully queued off a build of my documentation on RubyDoc.info.

However, when I looked at the documentation for my main module at http://www.rubydoc.info/gems/Flexibility/Flexibility, I was confused to see information about RubyDoc.info in the Overview section.

I think what's going on is some sort of path issue. My main ruby file (lib/flexbility.rb) starts with:

# {include:file:README.md}
#
# @author Noah Luck Easterly <[email blocked]>

And when I run yardoc (version 0.8.7.6) on my local machine, it successfully includes my README.md file in the overview section in the generated documentation (see the attached Flexibility.html).

I double checked, and made sure that README.md was included in the gem itself:

% tar Oxf Flexibility-1.0.0.gem data.tar.gz | tar tzf -
README.md
lib/flexibility.rb

So I think it's a path issue - the {incude:file:README.md} is finding RubyDoc.info's README.md before it looks wherever it unpacked mine.

I'm not sure whether this is a bug on your end, or if I should have given a better path in my include (perhaps {include:file:./README.md}?), or if include isn't supported.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by lsegal on 08 Mar, 2015 12:43 AM

Very interesting bug! Thanks for reporting. I'm not sure why the rubydoc.info project README is being used here, or even how. We will look into this one.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Flexibility.html 137 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac